WordPress 3.0 has been out for almost one month now. This new version 3.0 has many new features that are listed in the following page.
I have tried to upgrade my WordPress on the day it was released, but I got into a problem with locales.php file. I suspect it has something to do with one of my plugins, but since I can’t even logged in to my administrator page, I decidec to revert back to version 2.9.2 until the plugins are supported. And apparently, I was not the only one facing the problem. Here’s a report about others who have encountered some kind of problems when upgrading.
Here are a few links on how to upgrade to WordPress version 3.0:
- Updating WordPress. This is from WordPress.org itself, the official guide to upgrade.
- WordPress 3.0 Upgrade: What to Expect
- 3 Tips to Ensure a Seamless WordPress Upgrade
Just found this article that showcase a simple program to help newbies configure their Ubuntu system. I personally haven’t tried it yet, but it seems to be able to help the basic needs of configuring your Ubuntu without using multiple GUIs or even using command lines to change the configuration files.
The original post is located here.
Ailurus is cross-Linux-distribution GPL software, which aims at making Linux easier to use for beginners. Rather than a Ubuntu Tweak alternative, Ailurus is the kind of app you can use along Ubuntu Tweak. Ailurus is available for Ubuntu, Fedora and Mint while Ubuntu Tweak is a dedicated Ubuntu only application.
[singlepic id=263 float=center]
- ‘Study Linux’ feature included in Ailurus is pretty good at teaching the Linux basics to beginners. You can even set it to display Linux tips each time you login to your system.
- Install many useful applications easily.
- Enable a number of third party repositories quite easily.
- Display of basic hardware information which is so useful at times.
- Clean APT/YUM cache.
- Backup and recover APT/YUM status.
- Change GNOME settings. Ailurus invokes GConf API, to change GNOME settings.
- Easily enable Gnome Control Center using Ailurus.
How to install Latest Ailurus 10.06.93 in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic?
- Open Terminal (Applications – Accessories – Terminal) and copy-paste the following lines one by one into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus
sudo apt-get update
- Done. Now install latest Ailurus in Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.
sudo apt-get install ailurus
- Done. Launch Ailurus. Goto Applications – System Tools – Ailurus.
Ailurus for Fedora and other distros can be downloaded from here.